Fayette County, Indiana
Elisha Harrell was a son of pioneer, Chester Harrell
and his second wife Betsy Stevens. Elisha's first wife was Abigail
Buckley. He is buried beside his second wife,
Margaret C. Harrell in Sims Cemetery.
Elisha Harrell was a son of pioneer, Chester Harrell and his second wife Betsy Stevens.
Elisha's first wife was Abigail Buckley. He is buried beside his second wife, Margaret C. Harrell in Sims Cemetery.
Generation No. 1
1. ELISHA4 HARRELL (CHESTER3, WILLIAM2, RICHARD1) was born 18 Nov 1807 in Butler, Ohio1, and died 22 May 1882 in Fayette, Indiana1. He married (1) ABIGAIL BUCKLEY 26 Aug 1830 in Franklin, Indiana2, daughter of ISAAC BUCKLEY and ABIGAIL TURNEY. She died Bef. 1839 in Fayette, Indiana. He married (2) MARGARET C. SMITH 03 May 1838 in Fayette, Indiana3. She was born 24 Jul 1815 in Pendleton, Pickens District, South Carolina4, and died 26 Dec 1881 in Fayette, Indiana4.
Notes for ELISHA HARRELL:
Grandson, Charles Harrell, age 20, lived with the family in 1880 Census. He was born in Indiana. Elisha was 72 and Margaret 68.
Children of ELISHA HARRELL and ABIGAIL BUCKLEY are:
i. STEPHEN DECATUR5 HARRELL, b. Abt. 1831, Fayette, Indiana5.
ii. NANCY AGNES HARRELL, b. 16 Jun 1834, Fayette, Indiana6; d. 11 Jul 1884, Indiana7.
Notes for NANCY AGNES HARRELL:
Still living at home with parents in the 1880 census. She was 47.
iii. WILLIAM HARRELL, b. Abt. 1836, Fayette, Indiana8.
Children of ELISHA HARRELL and MARGARET SMITH are:
iv. SARAH A.5 HARRELL, b. 17 Nov 1839, Fayette, Indiana9; d. 01 Dec 1909, Indiana9; m. HENRY N. MCWHORTER, 03 Jan 1871, Fayette, Indiana10; b. 10 Jan 1843, Indiana11; d. 25 Oct 1882, Indiana12.
Notes for HENRY N. MCWHORTER:
Niece, Sarah Harrell, age 2, listed with family in 1880 Franklin Co., Census.
v. JAMES A. HARRELL, b. 1841, Fayette, Indiana12; d. 1919, Indiana12; m. (1) SUSANNA; b. 184512; d. 10 Mar 1878, Indiana12; m. (2) MARGARET SCOTT, 09 Mar 1880, Union, Indiana13; b. 184014; d. 1915, Indiana14.
vi. ALICE HARRELL, b. 02 May 1847, Fayette, Indiana14; d. 14 Jun 1921, Indiana14.
Notes for ALICE HARRELL:
Referred to as Elsie Harrell in the 1880 Fayette County census.
vii. THEODORE MOORE HARRELL, b. Abt. 1848, Fayette, Indiana15; d. Bef. 1860, Indiana16.
viii. SAMUEL CHESTER. HARRELL, b. 1850, Fayette, Indiana; d. 06 Aug 1930, Fairfield, Franklin, Indiana.
ix. MARY HARRELL, b. Abt. 1852, Fayette, Indiana16.
Generation No. 2
2. SAMUEL CHESTER.5 HARRELL (ELISHA4, CHESTER3, WILLIAM2, RICHARD1) was born 1850 in Fayette, Indiana17, and died 06 Aug 1930 in Fairfield, Franklin, Indiana18. He married ALICE HILL 01 Mar 1888 in Franklin, Indiana. She was born 1863, and died 1944.
Obituary: Samuel C. Harrell, age 80, died at his home in this city (Brookville), Wednesday evening, August 6. He is survived by one son, Lewis, of Fairfield, and one daughter, Mrs. Edna Stewart of Indianapolis. Funeral services will be at the Blooming Grove M. E. Church at 2:00. Burial will be in a Fairfield Cemetery. (August 7, 1930, Brookville Democrat.)
Children of SAMUEL HARRELL and ALICE HILL are:
i. EDNA6 HARRELL, b. 26 Feb 1893, Franklin, Indiana19; m. Charles Lewis STEWART 20.
ii. HARRELL, b. 02 Aug 1895, Franklin, Indiana21.
iii. HARRELL, b. 27 May 1897, Franklin, Indiana21.
iv. LEWIS HARRELL22.
1. Sims Cemetery, Fairfield, Franklin, INObituary
2. Franklin Co., IN marriage Records
3. Fayette Co., IN Marriages
4. Sims Cemetery, Fairfield, Franklin, INObituary
5. 1850 Fayette Co, IN Census
6. Sims Cemetery, Fairfield, Franklin, IN1850 Fayette Co., Census
7. Sims Cemetery, Fairfield, Franklin, IN
8. 1850 Fayette Co, IN Census
9. Sims Cemetery, Fairfield, Franklin, IN
10. Fayette Co., IN Marriages
11. Sims Cemetery, Fairfield, Franklin, IN1880 Franklin Co., IN Census, Blooming Grove Twp.
12. Sims Cemetery, Fairfield, Franklin, IN
13. Union County, IN Marriages
14. Sims Cemetery, Fairfield, Franklin, IN
15. 1850 Fayette Co, IN Census
16. 1860 Fayette Co., IN Census
17. 1850 Fayette Co, IN Census1880 Fayette Co., IN Census
18. Brookville Democrat newspaper
19. Birth Records, Franklin Co., IN
20. Brookville Democrat newspaper - obit of father
21. Birth Records, Franklin Co., IN
22. Brookville Democrat newspaper obit of father
Grave of Elisha and Margaret Smith Harrell, Sims Cemetery, Fairfield, IN
Elisha and Margaret are buried beside his sister Jane Harrell Buckley and her husband Anson Buckley.
If you have Harrell information to share, email Lyndon.
Go back to the Harrell Page.